Friday, December 22, 2006

at the Triple Crown


I joined friends over at Triple Crown, a place that usually features Ali Shaheed Muhammed of a Tribe Called Quest Thursdays on the tables. He is apparently elsewhere now, and it was evident from the complete deadness on this particular Thursday.

That being said, the place is supercool and the music is solidly in the Native Tongues vibe. The bartender is a guy named John who offered us shots quickly after entering made of chocolate soymilk and various vodkas. Skeptically, we popped them and they ended up actually being enjoyable.

"I've been working on this for a while, but I don't have a name for it yet."

In a flash, something jumped into my head and I blurted it out

"How about a 'vegan slut'?"

John was immediately satisfied and told me the shot would be on the menu next time I came through. I suggest you stop by and check.

No comments: